Alumni & Friends Association
Purpose of the Association
- To support and promote the mission of St. Benedict Catholic School (SBCS) to the school community and alumni and friends members.
- To support continued advancement of educational and spiritual programs, teacher development, facilities, stakeholder involvement, and fellowship among the organization’s membership.
- To provide financial resources by fundraising activities to benefit the school.
- To foster the advancement of St. Benedict Catholic School reputation within the archdioceses as exceptional educational experience.
- To encourage support from alumni and friends for the Annual Giving Program, which supports the overall operating budget of the school and its need-based tuition program for deserving families.
- To serve as advocates for the school throughout our communities.
Accomplishments in the First Year
Many individuals joined the Association in 2013 and more than $3,000 was raised from the membership drive for the Alumni & Friends Association of St. Benedict Catholic School.
As a result, the majority of these funds will be utilized to purchase Samsung Chromebooks for the student and teacher check in from the Media Center…
- the cost per unit is less than $300
- the protection plan is $30 per year providing full repair or replacement of a damaged unit
- all educational resources are accessed via the Internet and administered by the Principal
- the devices will allow students to transition easily to other computer-based platforms
As a member of the Association, you are joining with many other individuals who are supportive and committed to the quality academic and spiritual education being provided at the school.
Dues are $10 per year for $500 for a lifetime membership. Checks should be payable to the Alumni & Friends Association – St Benedict Catholic School. The Steering Committee includes:
Jeanne Franz (Chair)
Judge Tim Russell
Linda Cate Whiten